Sunday, October 11, 2009

In My Mailbox [23]

So firstly, huge apologies for being so absent lately! School, work, extra-curriculars... it just got all really hectic all of a sudden. Basically averaging around four to five hours of sleep a night recently. But - because of Thanksgiving and all, we get Monday off, so hopefully I'll be able to pre-schedule some posts then, get caught up on the backlog of e-mails, etc. (Really sorry if you're waiting on a response - will get on that soon!) Wish me luck ;)

Now, for our regularly scheduled programming - brought to you by Alea & Kristi, Lucid Conspiracy presents In My Mailbox #23...


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl,
and
Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Super-duper excited about both of these, for a number of reasons. First off, I'd basically given up and didn't expect them to arrive at all anymore, so imagine what a pleasant surprise it was when they showed up on the doorstep! Secondly, there's been so much great feedback about both of these so far, so I'm really interested to see what I think of them as well. Furthermore, the authors of both are absolutely awesome, so all in all, it's an unbeatable combination.

Now, for some linkage for more information (because I know you're all eager to find out more):
`Beautiful Creatures
`Kami Garcia
`Margaret Stohl
`Jennifer Brown

So there's my week in a nutshell. Your turn now - what was in your mailbox this week?

7 comments:

Erica said...

Both of those books look simply amazing!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I can't until Beautiful Creatures is released. It looks so good!

Katie said...

Wow I am super jealous of Beautiful Creatures. I really want to read it. Also, I loved Hate List. I can't wait for your reviews!

Aimee said...

It's always nice when you get books you've been dying to read! Especially when they are a surprise! I hope they live up to your expectations!

Thao said...

I heard lots of compliments on these two as well. Hope you'll enjoy them both.

Leslie said...

soooooooooooo jealous of beautiful creatures! i want that one sooo bad!

Kate said...

It looks like you got two superb books. Happy reading. I hope school eases up on you and you get more sleep =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...