Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recreate a Cover: The Mark

Princess Bookie's Recreate a Cover contest is on now. The basic concept is to take a YA 2010 release, and re-create a new cover for it. For my entry, I've re-done Jen Nadol's The Mark, which was published by Bloomsbury on January 19th, 2010. Pop by the Goodreads page or Jen's website to find out more about it!

All photography used is (c) Deltay/Lucid Conspiracy. (Original versions of Veil of Lashes and
shh - silence.) Feedback is of course welcomed and appreciated.

The official/actual book cover is included below on the left. On the right hand side was the original book cover. I've included the little snippet-text from both on my version, one of which reads, "If you had the power to see death, would you wish it away?" while the other poses the question, "If you knew today was someone's last, would you tell?"


So, what do you think?



6 comments:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Wow! Your cover is amazing! It looks so professionally done! Great job! One of the best so far!

Euphoria13 said...

Wicked Cool cover! Awesome! :)

Morgan said...

Wow, great cover remake. It like resembles the original in a way...which is so cool! I defiantly think you should win!

Bitsy said...

I love your concept in your cover remake! This is definitely one of my top faves! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Book Sp(l)ot said...

That's really pretty awesome--I really like the lightness around the title and the author's name. Great job :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...