Friday, April 16, 2010

B2ST | BEAST


Haven't done a music feature in awhile, so figured it was about time for another one. Tonight, we're going with B2ST, also known as BEAST. (Apparently the former stands for "Boys to Search for the Top", while the latter is an acronym for "Boys of the East Standing Tall". Where did the "A" go? Although as it is, you could also say it looks like "BEST" ;) Which fits, because their first [mini?]album is titled Beast is the B2ST.) They're a South Korean band that debuted on October 14th, 2009 under Cube Entertainment.

I'll admit - the first time I'd seen their first single Bad Girl I hadn't been particularly impressed. In fact, I think I started out favouring MBLAQ, which I've featured back in November. But then their music grew on me. They're a pretty slick, pretty suave group. Live performances are pretty sick, and the vocals of some of the members are fairly amazing.

Plus Yo Seob kind of reminds of an adorable little monkey ;) I've got a soft spot for monkeys, what with being born in the year of the monkey and all. Basically, the entire group is pretty awesome. The members are: Doo Joon, Hyun Seung, Jun Hyung, Yo Seob, Gi Kwang (AJ), and Dong Woon.

Recently they've released a second EP, Shock of the New Era. Promotions of this started out with Shock, which is a pretty decent song. A few days ago, however, they released the MV (music video) for another song off of that album - Say No (Take Care of My Girlfriend) - and I must say, it's pretty beautiful. There's something very simplistic about the video, the muted, almost b/w tones, the raw emotion of the aching ballad. The vocals are pretty epic on it as well.

So in any case, I'll leave you guys off with the music video for Say No (with English subtitles, of course ;)

2 comments:

Diana Dang said...

Lol, actually I favoured Beast over MBLAQ when they first debut. I loved Bad Girl. But recently, I am not much of a fan for their newer songs. =w=

deltay said...

Aww, that's too bad. haha, that is pretty ironic though, how opinions change ;) 2PM's comeback's sounding pretty decent so far too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...