Saturday, April 24, 2010

In My Mailbox [34]

I went to the bookstore today, and it was actually a little bit painful. There were all these great books, books that I really wanted to get. But it was a guilty sort of feeling. Basically, the next month is going to be brutally busy - it's IB exam season. In fact, our English teacher has basically said that we're not supposed to be reading any books that we're not using for our exams until they're over - yeah, she said this a couple of weeks ago, actually. Well, there goes that.

In the end, I ended up getting If I Stay by Gayle Forman in paperback. This was first released sometime last year, back when I first started Lucid Conspiracy. The reviews that circulated about this book pretty much declared it to be amazing, so I've been meaning to get my hands on a copy of this. Man, this book seems to have so many cover variations!

I also received The Line by Teri Hall, which I'd almost thought wouldn't show up after all, so that was nice. Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr showed up as well, which is also exciting. I remember once upon a time, I used to like reading stories about these sorts of things, land of Faerie, magic, etc. I mean, I absolutely adored the Firebirds and Firebirds Rising anthologies (edited by Sharyn November). (Alas, I haven't gotten around to Firebirds Soaring yet.) It'll be fun to get back into that realm.

So there you have it - my week in books. Your turn now - what was in your mailbox this week?

*In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren

**Also - don't forget to enter to win a SIGNED copy of D.J. MacHale's Morpheus Road: The Light!

12 comments:

Tori [Book Faery] said...

Aaah I haven't bought Radiant Shadows yet. After the 2nd book in the series, I stopped reading Marr's books...not sure why.

Anyway good luck with your exam!

Shantal said...

Great selection of books!! I've been wanting to read If I stay, but then again so many books so little time :)
You have an awesome site that I am now following, :) 


Holly said...

Ah. I've read If I Stay but unfortunately didn't find it to be too awesome. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

My MIL just bought If I Stay so I will definitely be reading it after her!!=)

Enjoy your books!!!
http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-15.html

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Awesome books! Gah, If I Stay and The Line! Lucky!

Here's my IMM for the week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-42410.html

I hope you have an awesome Sunday!
Laura from the Bookie Bunch ;D

Steph said...

I am one of the many book bloggers who've declared If I Stay to be amazing. :-) I hope you love it too. Good luck with exams!

Katie said...

I'm really looking forward to reading RADIANT SHADOWS. I've got a 16-hour plane ride in May that I'm not looking forward to, and I think that book is going to be a good diversion on that flight. :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

if i stay looks really interesting! Enjoy your books this week!

Kerstin said...

Great selection this week! Happy reading :)

Fantastic Book Review said...

I loved both Radiant Shadows and If I Stay. I have yet to read The Line - hopefully soon! Happy Reading!

Splendibird said...

I totally understand your guilt. I have an essay due in next week and really should be reading up on that, not gobbling up my latest book purchases. I study from home, which makes it even harder to stay away from my TBR pile! Good luck with your exams!

Kara said...

Nice books!! I've never read Firebirds but I hope to read it in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...