Saturday, June 26, 2010

In My Mailbox [38] & An Update

So to start off with, an explanation for my recent absence around the blogosphere. Basically, it's been pretty hectic around here with it being the last month/week of school. A lot of details to take care of. A lot of last times. Graduation/convocation. Formal/prom. Some personal stuff to deal with. But now it's Summer, so whoopie! Hopefully over the next couple of days I'll be able to get all caught up.

Anyway, since the last IMM post, I have received the items pictured above.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger arrived the day after prom, which I discovered happily when I finally trudged home after spending the previous night and most of the day crashing at a friend's place. I won this from April over at Good Books & Good Wine, and it actually arrived a lot faster than I'd expected! It was also sweet that she'd popped in two bookmarks and a business card. Thanks, April!

Getting this made me really excited for a number of reasons. First off, Kody is only 18! The DUFF has been generating tons of great buzz recently. And you know, lurking around the Absolute Write forums and all ;) She also blogs & tweets, if anyone wanted to pop by for a visit.

The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan was a complete surprise. There hasn't been a ton of great YA horror on the market lately, and with a tagline like "number one master of horror"... ;)

So what was in your mailbox this week? Also - while you're here, don't forget to enter to win a $60 CSN Giftcard!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren

1 comment:

brandileigh2003 said...

Good selection this week: Happy Reading! Here is my IMMB if you want a peek: Blkosiner Book Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...